Staff/Principal Engineer - HDL Simulation
Job DescriptionSoftnautics is looking for someone willing to work as a HDL modelling expert in addition to mastering the FPGA architecture. The individual will work on developing cycle accurate, fast simulation models for various FPGA blocks like basic cells, RAMs, PLLs, highspeed transceivers, and other functional blocks. The individual must have strong knowledge on Verilog/System Verilog, FPGA simulation, AMBA protocols and FPGA architecture. In addition, the individual must also be able to work in fast-paced, high demand, multiple-deadline drive environment.
- Develop behavioural HDL models for various FPGA functional blocks like basic logic cells, RAM, PLL, SerDes, etc.
- Focus on developing cycle accurate and fast HDL simulation models by using Verilog/System Verilog HDL
- Debug on customer issues, bug-fixing, and maintenance of simulation models
- Analyse the simulation models and make implementation choices to optimize the simulation run time, memory utilization etc.
- Simulation library generation and qualification through regressions
- Perform pre-synthesis, post-synthesis, and Back Annotated (BA) simulation
- Work with other teams to get BA simulation data (sdf) and add it in simulation model
- Read and understand the Silicon Architecture specifications
- Should be able to estimate the efforts and provide the plan for completing the requirements
- Propose / review test plans and reports
- Assist and train Juniors engineers in the team
- 8+ years of experience in FPGA and HDL development.
- Experience in FPGA HDL design with Verilog/System Verilog
- Experience using industry standard HDL simulation tools (e.g. VCS/VCSMX, MODELSIM/QUESTASIM, NCSIM/XCELIUM, or ALDEC Riviera)
- Should be familiar with FPGA architecture and AMBA bus protocols.
- Experience using scripting languages (e.g., Python, TCL, PERL, BASH) is preferred
- Experience on SystemC, DPI, PLI, Renode is plus
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Good attitude, result driven & ability to deliver on next-gen technology
- Bachelors or Masters in Electronics Engineering