Staff/Principal Engineer - EDA
Job DescriptionSoftnautics is looking for someone willing to work on making himself/herself a domain expert & mastering in EDA SW development with touch of FPGA HW. The individual will work on understanding Silicon/FPGA architecture and inside complex blocks and bring a C++ based UI to configure the block functionality. The individual must have strong knowledage on various FPGA IPs/Cores, protocols and memories. In addition, the individual must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-demand, multiple-deadline driven environment.
- Read and understand the Silicon Architecture specifications.
- Guide and/or develop the software to configure IP blocks in FPGAs like SERDES, Ethernet, PCIe, PLL and Memories (DDR, RAMs and uPROM) involving UI development and Netlist generation.
- Software development using C++, Qt frameworks and TCL
- Generation of design files (netlist, register settings, timing constraints files) for various hard IP blocks in FPGAs.
- Should be able to capture the requirements and create Software requirements document.
- Should be able to estimate the efforts and provide the plan for completing the requirements.
- Propose / review test plans
- Work across with multiple teams in accomplishing the tasks.
- Assist and train Juniors engineers
- Debugging and Bug fixing
- 8+ years of experience in EDA software development
- Experience with industrial standard protocols like PCIe, High speed Serial Connectivity Ethernet, SPI, I2C, USB, GPIO, AXI/AHB and Memory architectures DDR/SDRAM/DMA
- Exposure to FPGAs and FPGA software tool chain
- Experience in writing scripts in Tcl/Perl/Python
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are must
- Experience in software development using C++ Programming Language is plus
- Understanding of Verilog, Developing GUI using Qt is plus
- Good verbal & written communication
- Good attitude, result driven & ability to deliver on next-gen technology
- Bachelors or Masters in Electronics Engineering