Staff Engineer – FPGA
Job DescriptionSoftnautics LLP requires skilled FPGA design engineer who is confident, self-motivated and has hands-on experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding FPGA requirements, design creation/porting, RTL coding, FPGA validation, simulations, and related activities. The candidate will also lead the team of 3+ members. The role will be part of the VLSI group function in which there is a very strong culture of teamwork, cooperation, and collaboration for common goal of producing quality customer deliverables.
- Implementation and validation of FPGA solutions for Video/Audio, ML/AI, USB, and related products.
- Work with manager to achieve customer deliverables.
- Contribute individually and lead a team of 3+ members.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and verify the functionality of FPGA, HW, and embedded SW.
- Handle implementations individually by taking ownership of assigned module
- Review work of team and provide status to customer
- Integrate keenly with work from others, thoroughly test all designs while supporting SW team throughout development – debugging/fixing hardware problems as required
- Assist in supporting other staff members as necessary for process flow – including documentation review, customer support, and quality assurance
- Customer Communication – Weekly Calls, Deliverables Progress Meetings, etc.
- Able to meet timelines and provide quality deliverables
- Strong digital design fundamentals and FPGA concepts
- Experience in Logic design with Verilog, debugging, and able to run simulations at block/system level
- Experience in FPGA Synthesis, STA, and timing closer
- Experience in any Processor based system, SoC, AMBA System bus and DMA concepts
- Minimum 5+ Years of Industry Hands-on Experience in FPGA based system design and understand board schematics
- Hands-on experience with Audio/Video/Image Processing related IP integration/enhancements
- Working knowledge of I2C/SPI/UART/Wishbone interfaces
- Hands-on Experience with any of the FPGA Design Tools of Xilinx, Lattice, Altera
- Experience with digital video standards (MIPI, SMTPE, HDMI, Display Port) and associated audio standard
- Strong knowledge in any of the Image/Video Processing Algorithms like image enhancement, auto exposure control, colour correction, noise reduction, gamma correction, white balance, de-mosaic, etc.
- Knowledge of colorimetry, image sensing technology, and digital video formats
- Ability to map to requirements for FPGAs, generate clocking/PLL blocks
- Ability of board bring up and hardware validation
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-starter, problem-solving mentality, and creative thinker
- Good in documentation & shall be able to prepare the test plan & test reports from requirements
- Independently lead the module with 3 or more junior engineers
- Experience in FPGA POC development, porting, and pre-silicon validation
- Positive attitude with readiness to contribute to design/validation area
- Experience with ASIC and/or FPGA designs, network transceivers, PLL’s, power and clock integrity
- Hands-on with Radiant/Diamond and Propel Builder tool to generate FPGA modules for demo applications
- Board soldering/rework
- Knowledge of software languages such as System Verilog, C, C++, Python