Embedded Staff Engineer (LDD)
Job DescriptionAs an Embedded Software Staff Engineer, you will be working on cutting edge technologies on upcoming FPGAs, next generation processors and development kits. You will be closely working with Linux experts at Softnautics for development, debugging and integration activities. You’ll be joining the Device Engineering team in Ahmedabad/Pune, India, whose mission is to provide a reliable, predictable, and adaptable IP and semiconductor engineering solutions for our customers.
- Requirement understanding, Design, Develop, unit testing & debugging of Embedded Software – Real-time applications, Device Drivers, Bootloader, porting, Linux kernel etc.
- Documentation – Requirement Specification, Design, Test Plan & Test cases etc.
- Debugging various technical issues and provide the solutions
- Timely & Quality deliverables of module
- Feature enhancements, Integration & Bug fixing
- As a team lead, mentor and build the team of next level professionals
- Effort estimation, planning, customer Interaction
- 5 – 8 years of experience in Embedded Software with sound fundamental of C
- 1+ years of project management experience
- Expert with the Linux kernel & device drivers such as USB, SATA, PCI, Ethernet, WLAN, NFC, Bluetooth
- Must have hands on experience working in embedded Linux building, Uboot configuration, kernel compilation, Linux start-up sequencing, file-systems, debugging kernel messages and board bring-ups for cross platforms etc.
- Sound knowledge in OS fundamentals (Multithreading/Multiprocessing, IPC)
- Hands on experience with boot loaders, secure boot, ATF (ARM Trusted Firmware), ARM Trust Zone, etc.
- Familiarity with development using Host – Target tool chains for embedded platforms
- Experience in system level debugging, reverse engineering, Linux Internals, Protocol level knowledge of interfaces would be added advantage
- Hands on experience on debugging tools like GDB, KGDB, JTAG, ADB
- Familiarity with tools like Logic Analyzer, DSO/CRO, Spectrum Analyzer would be added advantage
- Sound knowledge of SW development tools such as Git, CVS, Confluence, JIRA, bit-bucket, SourceTree etc. is must
- Passionate about learning new technologies, methodologies, strategies and processes
- Should be able to work in aggressive, high pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-starter, problem-solving mentality, and creative thinker
- Good in documentation & shall be able to prepare the specification, design documents, test plan & test reports from requirements
- Reading schematics, datasheets, technical reference manual and Silicon revision sheet
- Independently lead and manage the module with engineers
- Quality process – CMMi, Agile Scrum is required
- Good knowledge of working with Open source software packages is preferred
- Positive attitude and has no issues working
- Close cooperation with other leaders and proje