Embedded Engineer – Sr./Staff – Media Subsystems Driver
Job DescriptionLooking for Embedded Software Senior Engineer who is technically strong, and have hands on experience in, C/C++ Programming Language with Linux. Should have involved in development of at least 2 – 3 device drivers for Linux. Experience with board bring up, device driver, porting, bootloader, u-boot, file-systems is required. Any one multimedia subsystem driver knowledge is must
- Requirement understanding, Design, Develop, unit testing & debugging of Embedded Software – Real-time applications, Device Drivers, Bootloader, porting, Linux kernel etc.
- Documentation – Requirement Specification and Design etc.
- Leading team of 3 or 4 engineers
- Effort estimation, planning, customer Interaction
- 2 – 10 years of experience in Embedded Software with sound fundamental of C
- Expert with the Linux kernel & Linux kernel device drivers such as PCIe, display interface (e.g: HDMI, DP), v4l2, DRM (Anyone)
- Knowledge of any of the GPU, using APIs or CUDA programming
- Must have hands on experience working in embedded Linux building, Uboot configuration, kernel compilation, Linux start-up sequencing, file-systems, debugging kernel messages and board bring-ups for cross platforms etc.
- Familiarity with development using Host – Target tool chains for embedded platforms
- Experience in system level debugging, reverse engineering, Linux Internals, Protocol level knowledge of interfaces would be added advantage
- Hands on experience on debugging tools like GDB, KGDB, JTAG, ADB
- Familiarity with tools like Logic Analyzer, DSO/CRO, Spectrum Analyzer would be added advantage
- Sound knowledge of SW development tools such as Git, CVS, Confluence, JIRA, bit-bucket, SourceTree etc. is must
- Passionate about learning new technologies, methodologies, strategies and processes
- Should be able to work in aggressive, high pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-starter, problem-solving mentality, and creative thinker
- Good in documentation & shall be able to prepare the specification, design documents from requirements
- Reading schematics, datasheets, technical reference manual and Silicon revision sheet
- Technical ownership of software driver module
- Independently lead the module with 3 or 4 engineers
- Quality process – CMMi, Agile Scrum is required
- Good knowledge of working with Open source software packages is preferred
- Contribution to open source linux kernel codebase is added advantage.
- Close cooperation with other leaders and projects managers