This Dual Role Device (DRD) softcore semiconductor IP is designed for applications requiring both USB Host and Device implementation. This core comprises USB3.2 SSP, SS, HS/FS/LS Host and Device controllers in a single codebase that supports role-swap functionality.
USB3.2 Dual Role Device (DRD) Core
eXtensible Host Controller Interface with USB protocol-layer, and link-layers implementation. USB3 Gen2 x2 link with fallback to Gen2 x1, Gen1 x2, Gen1 x1, and backward compatibility for USB2 High/Full/Low Speed modes
- Support PIPE and UTMI+/ULPI interfaces with full link power management
- AMBA-AXI system-bus interface for configuration-space access and data-path interface
- Up to 16 IN and OUT Endpoints including control Endpoint
- Parameterized design allows configuration of internal buffers based on application needs
- Clock domain crossing mechanism between USB and system-bus logic provides flexibility for easy integration